With continued support, First Tee – Orange County will teach even more young people life skills and help them acquire core values through the game of golf. Enabling them to be successful on and off the golf course, and ultimately to achieve their fullest potential.
With participant fees only covering less than half of our program costs and with the number of players we have on scholarship, we rely on the generosity of our community members to insure that our programs remain affordable and accessible to youth ages 4-18, who now have an opportunity to be exposed to the game of golf.
You can continue to make a difference today that can last a lifetime. Here are ways you can help:
- $1,000 underwrites one full year of golf and educational programming for one player in our program.
- $250 underwrites one 9-week session of golf and educational programming for one player in our program.
- $100 underwrites healthy snacks for 12 players for one 9-week session in our program.
Thank you for your support of the youth of First Tee – Orange County and for providing them with the tools and resources they need to be successful in life.
Our Tax ID number: 27-4581056
For more information on how you can support First Tee – Orange County, please call Wendy Cullen, CEO, 714-833-8221.
Donate clubs in person
Want to make a difference in the lives of young people? One of the ways that you can make this happen is by donating your unwanted golf clubs. A large percentage of our participants do not have their own set of clubs and rely on borrowing from our program. Through your generosity we are able to make sure that each player has their own club for each activity!
First Tee – Orange County is happy to accept golf club and golf bag donations at any of our 3 drop off locations: Dad Miller Golf Course (Anaheim), Islands Golf Center (Anaheim), and PGA Tour Superstore (Irvine). Please drop the equipment off with the staff of the facility any time during their business hours and let them know you would like it to go to First Tee.
If you would like a donation receipt, please contact Program Manager Jason Reddick, [email protected]
Donate clubs by shipping
Have an old set of golf clubs packed in the corner of your garage? Donating equipment is another way to help support our chapter. Convert your old, unwanted golf equipment into a cash donation!
With the 2nd Swing Club Donation Program you can put any of your old equipment to great use and make a huge impact. The value of your used clubs and equipment is sent to us as a cash donation.
Here are a few tips for making your equipment donation:
- When completing the donation form, fill in our chapter name to ensure the donation is directed to us (there are 165+ chapters so this is important!).
- If you have equipment to donate that you cannot find in the system, add it to your shipping box and make a note in the “notes” section of the donation form. You can also donate golf balls, apparel, golf bags, range finders, etc. 2nd Swing’s staff will process the items and contact you about their donation value.
- When shipping your equipment to 2nd Swing, please print your FREE shipping labels and include a copy of your donation summary in each box. The donation summary can be printed directly from the website or from your email confirmation.
- A donation receipt will be sent to you within 3-4 weeks of receiving the donation. Our chapter will receive your donation within a month.
Please call 2nd Swing’s Club Donation Account Manager at (612) 4152 or email [email protected].
Charles Schwab Challenge Grant
The Charles Schwab Challenge Grant is happening right now at First Tee — Orange County. Our chapter’s ability to receive this match will be tied directly to your support!
Your donation will help us receive grant money and will help us reach thousands of more kids, like Zoe.
“First Tee taught me how to become a better golfer and a better version of myself. I used to be a timid young girl who couldn’t even look someone in the eye, but thanks to this amazing program, I have developed into a confident young woman who isn’t afraid to make the first move or take on challenges.” –Zoe, 7 year FTOC participant
Donate Gently Used and/or Logo-ed Golf Balls
For more details about fun golf ball donations, please contact our Program Manager, Jason Reddick at (714) 833-8221 or email [email protected].
Donate Snacks and Water
We welcome individually wrapped snacks and bottled water donations for our classes. For more details about snacks and water donations, please contact our Program Manager, Jason Reddick at (714) 833-8221 or email [email protected].
For more information on how you can support First Tee – Orange County, please contact Wendy Cullen, CEO at [email protected].